The summer is here at last but for some pets this can be the most challenging season of all. Giving extra care to pets during hot weather is vital to their health and well-being and can help stop heat-related illness. At Petstop they have everything you’ll need to keep your pet cool & healthy during the hot weather. Here are some top tips to keep in mind during high temperatures:
- Always keep a ready supply of cool fresh water available for your pets. Ensure water bowels are positioned in shady spaces and check regularly to ensure they are not emptied or heated. Petstop have a huge range of ceramic & bamboo pet bowls as well as automatic fill outdoor options.
- Create shaded areas throughout your outdoor spaces where pets can take cover from the sun. Portable shade can be great for this like K&H Pet Cot Canopy only €35.
- Limit outdoor activities, especially during the hottest hours of the day. Choose early morning or late evening walks when temperatures are cooler. Trixie Cooling Vests & Cooling Pads come in a range of sizes and are perfect wearable cooling devices for young active pups as well as mature dogs.
- Watch out for the signs of overheating like excessive panting, drooling and a rapid pulse. If you notice symptoms contact your vet immediately.
- Protect from the suns harmful rays by applying pet friendly sun screen to exposed areas like nose and ears.
At Petstop they know that every pet is different, so consider breed, age and health conditions when caring for your pet during the warmer weeks of summer. For great advice and expert guidance speak to the team in-store today.