At Des Kelly Interiors they understand that a good night’s sleep is essential for your physical and mental well-being. Yet so many of us find ourselves tossing & turning, unable to achieve the restorative sleep our bodies and minds crave. Speak to Des Kelly Interiors team of dedicated sleep experts in-store and start experiencing better sleep.
- Anchor– Shortly after waking, get outside into natural light as this helps the cortisol activation response and acts as an anchor for your sleep.
- Movement– Any form of physical activity will help improve sleep quality and reduce wake episodes.
- Stimulants & Sedatives- Watch the coffee and alcohol as both can distrust sleep. No coffee after 1pm will help.
- Light- We become more sensitive to light as the day goes on, avoid bright white lights and swap lighting to soften orange tones. Keeping light in a low position in our room can also help.
- Routine- Go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time. Sleep regularity really helps us fall asleep fast.
- Ritual- Creating a healthy ritual 30 minutes prior to sleep not only trains your brain but also gives you a strategy for wake episodes.
- Environment- Sleep to a large extent in dependent on our ability to create the right environment to initiate and maintain quality sleep. Make sure your bedroom is a haven for sleep.
- Temperature –Temperature is a key driver of sleep and melatonin. Ensuring you can keep your bedroom and bed cool will promote restful sleep.
- Unwind- We are so busy and wound up yet we forget to relax before we go to bed. Find something which helps you mentally and emotionally unwind before bed.
- What to do if we wake up- Learn a deep rest protocol to stop overthinking- this can be a body-scan or guided meditation. Support- pain and being uncomfortable can easily disrupt sleep. Ensure you choose a bed which supports your spine and head.
- Technology- Apart from the negative impact of blue light, what we engage with on our electronics can delay sleep.
- The Snooze Button- Set a ‘reverse snooze’ button to remind you to unwind and go to bed at the appropriate time.
Discover an extensive range of quality mattresses, pillows and bed linens in-store and visit www.deskelly.ie for more.